e.e. cummings

maggie and milly and molly and may

went down to the beach(to play one day)



and maggie discovered a shell that sang

so sweetly she couldn't remember her troubles,and



milly befriended a stranded star

whose rays five languid fingers were;



and molly was chased by a horrible thing

which raced sideways while blowing bubbles:and



may came home with a smooth round stone

as small as a world and as large as alone.



For whatever we lose(like a you or a me)

it's always ourselves we find in the sea

2 comments:

laura said...

that reminds me of a book I read this semester, Tale of the Unkown Island. It was good. About finding yourself at sea. That's what reminds me of it.

I want to see pictures of Indonesia!

Nancy said...

very interesting.
was this a random post - or is there a deep, dark meaning that explains everything. -- like am I molly?
(ha!)

seriously, i'm curious as to this post.