Banda Aceh

hello.

i am sitting in the meeting/living room of missions house (don't know what to call it) in Banda Aceh. This town is truly third world and i love it. the Acehnese are very nice to americans, even to the ones carrying around a video camera, like me.

i said in my last post that we would be taking a plane to Medan, then another to Banda Aceh. Well, the group did. but me, my dad and Paul Basden didn't. Paul didn't make the flight because of a passport issue. And my dad and i didn't make the flight because my dad booked the flight on the wrong month... same date, just wrong month.

sounds bad huh?

well, actually it turned out good. we ended up catching a flight to Jukarta (capital of indonesia) stayed in a very nice hotel, then a flight the next day (at 6:15 am) to Banda Aceh where we meet up with the group only a day and half late.

anyway. i'm having a good time here. its a very sobering trip and i am glad it is my first overseas trip.

(i'm not going to post pictures because the internet is so slow here and it would take forever to upload them. you'll have to wait until i return to america.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you pronounce Acehnese? Just curious. I like to read aloud and it's frustrating when I don't know how to say something correctly.

I looked up Indonesia yesterday, just to learn a little more about it, and I saw where Jukarta was. That's exciting that I actually saw a place where you were...makes me feel connected in some way.

Nancy said...

I am almost beside myself (interesting expression)wanting to hear all about it.
I can hardly WAIT till you get home!!!!!!!!!!!