Strange World



Sometimes I get bored with the way things are. I have always been like that. As a kid I would escape into video games, books or movies. Even now, I try to escape into books, fantasy worlds, music, the internet, and all kinds of things. Some people even go so far as to use drugs. I think all of us have some basic need to escape the normal. Like it is a primal instinct or something. This is one of the reasons humans are so far along as a species. We are never satisfied with the way things are, we always need things to be better. Better technology, better music, better church services, better dance moves. And, in some way, this is why we are all competitive.

Well, this is not the post I meant to write. I started by saying that I sometimes get bored with the world. But then, every time i slip into that way of thinking, like clockwork, something comes along that never fails to amaze me. The world really is filled with amazing things. Take dreams for example. Dreams are a whole other reality we create as we sleep. Incredible! Or what about clouds? Every time we look up we are treated to a completely unique painting in the sky. Also, there might be aliens out there looking back at us from beyond the clouds, but that is neither here nor there.

But still, these moments of clarity are few and far between for me, and probably for most people. At least for Americans.

It is almost as if humans are trained to ignore the beautiful and amazing things of the world in order to focus on the mundane, man-made institutions of money, work and fame. As if we were drone bees working for the queen bee that is success but all the while losing sight of the architectural beauty of the beehive; even more, the world around it.

Why is this? There is still much more to be explored.


Well, I started this post this morning and added a bit more after work. I hope it isn’t too nonsensical. I may be the only one who thinks like this. I hope everybody today will stop and look around at the place we live in called earth and admire its charm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi !
I´m Marta, a spanish girl 20 old. I found you searching persons who want Sufjan Stevens, since in Spain isn´t well known. My level of English limited me well enough to read all your blog but what I read I love it!

I want talk you for MSN or email, and know your culture because i´m fascinated for your country and I want to know things of USA and of course things of you.
I have to say i love your videos lol.
Bye!

laura said...

it's funny you said that about bees, cause i worked with bees today! they're fascinating.

But I agree with your spanish admirer, cool stuff

Nancy said...

I REALLY like this post. It inspires me.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

i like this post too. and i'm glad you're my boyfriend.