pardon me for the nonsense.

I've recently been thinking about the concept of freedom. Most people probably think of The United States of America when they ponder on the word 'freedom', for some reason, I dislike that fact . It is not that I dislike The United States of America, I just feel that freedom is much bigger than one country.

For me, freedom is getting in your car and being able to drive to another state on a whim. I don't have that freedom because I have a job I need to do and sometimes gas is just too damn expensive. Or, freedom can simply mean, 'living for free', which no one can do because of those silly taxes. And I know people who don't have the freedom to leave the country because they don't want to pay for a passport. And some people want to be free from inner city violence, poverty and the burden of multiple jobs... but it costs so much money...

i hate money.

but sadly... i love money.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

good post

laura said...

freedom is choice, i think. you can leave the state if you so choose. you can earn money and pay for gas if you so choose. or not. but no one is completely free. like we can't choose whether or not we pay taxes. well, i guess we can, but if we choose not to pay taxes we are also choosing to go to jail. or we can then choose to run away to Canada and escape the feds.

this could go on forever. i choose to stop. see you this weekend!

Nancy said...

yeah, and freedom and money do kind of go together.
well, you know.

interesting post. very good

Anonymous said...

Freedom is finding a job you'd do for free.

Jane said...

that was me who left that anonymous comment.
-ljs

caroline said...

i'm really likin' the new background!